Originally published in the SAP Community.
Almost every CEO and their leadership teams are attempting to figure out how to make their business more efficient during the COVID-era which is a big pivot from business as usual.
|When we look back at the 2008 global recession there were many lessons learned.
In 2020 and beyond, this pandemic has even greater impact to employees, customers, suppliers, and partners.
Everyone is affected around the world. Collaborating is more important than ever. Working remotely is our new reality both now and by way of preparedness going forward.
Many key priorities are impacted including:
What we are seeing is that CEOs and their teams should take the time during this crisis to sow the seeds for lasting change by assessing how SAP Jam can be part of their immediate and future readiness roadmap to support business continuity.
Many high priority business processes, use cases and/or scenarios are fragmented. With SAP Jam, organizations can have a central hub to make it easier for users to find the right information at the right time.
Solutions such as video conferencing, instant messaging and team-based chat do not solve the challenge of providing a platform to collaborate, engage, re-train staff and enable the business process that impact value and tangible outcomes.
In speaking to customers they continue to use SAP Jam to achieve tangible results reflected in a Forrester Report, “The Total Economic Impact of SAP Jam” sighting:
- 16% decrease in time-to-access of information and expertise
- 19% reduction in the cost and time to train and onboard new employees who need key information
- 14% faster time-to-resolution for internal team support issues and FAQs enabling faster expansion of the business
- 10% reduction in time to close deals by providing go-to-market and supporting wins as part of the sales process shaving off time across all team members involved in deal development
For those organizations who were part of this study (& others) information, data, and expertise which was once siloed and difficult to access and share widely across the enterprise, can now be found and put into action by way of a centralized collaboration platform.
During a pandemic there is a lot of uncertainty. Organizations’ ability to share ideas and connect, communicate, collaborate, and engage employees, customers, and stakeholders with the right information and processes is more important than ever.
In an era where we’re all forced to transform to a “new normal,” SAP Jam collaboration helps customers address business continuity during this time of change.
About the Author
|Richard D. Blumberg is the President of World Sales Solutions, LLC (WSS) and an SAP Jam consulting services practice leader. He provides over 2 decades of thought leadership on a variety of “View from the Top” strategies including: Enterprise Social Business, Go-to-Market Strategies, Business Development, Talent Development, and Community Building. He and his team are recognized SAP Jam global experts for implementations, innovation, and adoption.|
Related SAP Jam Announcements:
- News: SAP Offers Free Upgrade to Enterprise Edition of SAP Jam
[Deadline to Participate: July 30th]
- Video: SAP Jam for Business Continuity
WSS Blogs / Videos
- [New Video] Business Continuity With SAP Jam
- Purpose-Driven Design for the SAP Jam Digital Learning User Experience
- The CEO’s Role with HR in the Digital Learning Workplace Powered by SAP Jam
- Maximizing the Digital Learning Workplace Opportunity with SAP Jam
- How SAP Jam and Google Analytics Extend Decision Support
- SAP Jam for social onboarding: How to Improve First Impressions for New Hires?
- Building a Global, Integrated SuccessFactors HR Services Model with SAP Jam